Mangalam as a sole proprietary concern came into being In April 1969 under the initiative of late Mr. M.C Varghese, an extraordinary visionary with social commitment and dedication. The starting was with the publication of a weekly, titled Mangalam. The success of the Mangalam weekly marked the dawn of a new era in the publishing sector of Kerala. Today the Mangalam Group of Companies enjoys a comfortable spacing in one of India’s largest media houses.
The Mangalam Group was founded by late Mr. M.C Varghese, a prodigious person with divine vision of the future and keen sense of understanding, very compassionate and more concerned about his fellow beings.
The registered office of the Mangalam Group of Concerns is located at Mangalam building, S.H.Mount, Kottayam-686 6006
The Mangalam Group of Concerns consists of four major establishments incorporated under the Indian Companies Act. They are as follows:
- Mangalam Publications (India) Pvt.Ltd
- Mangalam Homes & Resorts Pvt.Ltd
- Mangalam Hospitals Pvt. Ltd and
- Mangalam Confectionery Pvt. Ltd.
PHILOSOPHY OF THE GROUP
The Mangalam Group aims at promoting every field of human activities towards excellence in thought and deeds. Apart from Mangalam Educational Society, the Group promotes one more charitable society named ‘Mangalam Foundation’. All the educational institutions functioning under the Manglam Group are managed by these two charitable societies. Mangalam Group is known for its humanitarian and benevolent services being rendered all over Kerala, especially for the downtrodden and the victims of deadly diseases. The dowryless community marriages arranged for the girls belonging to poor families are still uplauded. The significant role played by Mangalam weekly for the eradication of illiteracy was a great mission undertaken by its Founder Chairman, late M.C.Varghese.
The Mangalam Group, primarily engaged in printing, publishing and circulating various publications including Mangalam daily, is one of the leading news papers published from five major cities in Kerala. The Mangalam Group conceives development as a multi-dimensional continuum with several interrelated yet distinct goals, concerns, functions and philanthropic as well as academic and industrial activities.
The academic activities of Mangalam Group led to the emergence of a number of educational institutions in the higher –professional educational sector in South India, giving more options for higher studies and research in Science and Technology, education, management studies, teaching, journalism and international studies.
The Mangalam Group started focusing on the mission of education in the year 1985. The long tradition in the scenario of education has led the Group to the establishment of professional educational institutions in Science and Technology and Management studies. All educational institutions functioning in the Mangalam campus are promoted by two charitable organizations, namely Mangalam Foundation and Mangalam Educational Society; both are registered under the Travancore-Cochin, Literary, Scientific and Societies Registration Act 1955. The main objective behind the formation of these organizations is to impart quality and value based education to all irrespective of their regional, racial or economic background, since Mangalam does believe that education is an inborn right of a man that shall not be infringed on any ground under any circumstance as it is a sanctified gift bestowed by HIM. Hence a decisive percentage of seats in all our institutions is reserved for the meritorious students belonging to downtrodden families.
Mangalam Group of Educational Institutions are governed, administered and managed by a Board consisting of Mr.Sabu Varghese as its Chairman, Mr.Biju Varghese, Secretary, Mr.Sajan Varghese, Treasurer and Dr.Saji Varghese, Mr.M.M.George and Dr.Abraham Chettissery as members.
The entire institutions are advised, controlled and pioneered by an Academic Council including eminent academicians and educationists such as Er.Biju Varghese, Prof.Manoj George, Dr.Peter Mathew and Dr.Abraham Chettissery.
LOCATION OF THE CAMPUS
The educational institutions are located in the most beautiful elevated place at Mangalam Hills, Ettumanoor in Kottayam, comprising of 35 acres of land amidst hills and meadows. It is 12 kms away from Kottayam and 75 km from Nedumbassery international air port. The place is well connected with national highway and rail networks. The nearest railway station is at a distance of 4 kms.
The educational institutions functioning under the auspices of Manglam Foundation are:
- Mangalam English Medium Higher Secondary School under the State Board with 100% result in public examinations since its inception
- Mangalam English Medium Residential Higher Secondary School affiliated to CBSE, New Delhi
- Mangalam Teacher Training Institute and
- Mangalam College of Education at Post Graduate level offering degrees leading to B.Ed and M.Ed accredited by NAAC, affiliated to M.G.University and approved by National Council for Teacher Education, New Delhi.
- Mangalam Eurokids
The educational institutions promoted by Mangalam Educational Society are:
- Mangalam College of Engineering offering degrees leading to B.Tech and M.Tech, affiliated to M.G.University and approved by National Council for Technical education, New Delhi
- M.C.Varghese College of Arts and Science affiliated to M.G.university
- Mangalam Management Studies offering MBA programme with four specializations; HR,Marketing, Systems and Finance
- Mangalam Institute for International Studies offering Post Diploma in Management Studies, a Swedish Programme
- Mangalam School of Journalism and Mass Communication approved by Punjab Technical University for awarding Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism
- Mangalam School of Printing Technology
- Mangalam College of Allied Health Sciences approved by Punjab Technical University for awarding degrees at Post Graduate, M.Sc, level in para medical courses.